Feb 27, 2009

100 Reasons..

Some friends of ours gave us a book when we were having Liam. It is called "Why I Need You"...it's full of great baby and family pictures and lists 100 reasons why our babies need us. I get really overwhelmed sometimes with motherhood responsibilities. Not just the laundry, cleaning, feeding, etc. But with the teaching, nurturing, and spiritual responsibilities. I'm really afraid sometimes that I'm seriously going to screw them up, that I'm not giving them enouugh. But this book is so sweet. It simplifies it so much. Here are a few of my favorite quotes.

I need you...
to understand that for a while things aren't going to be as neat and orderly as they once were.
( I love this because it really doesn't matter to them if things around the house aren't perfect. I need to realize that it's only me that feels that way!)
I need you...
to believe that one day I'll be able to thank you for all that you have done for me.
not to worry about your mistakes-I won't remember them.
not to worry about being perfect-I won't be either.
to remember that what I want to hear most is "I love you"
I need you...
to keep a watchful eye on me.
to comfort me when I am afraid.
to kiss me often.
to understand that I didn't intend to awaken you, I just missed you.
I love this because it simplifies what they need from me so much. I know I put too much pressure on myself. But, if what they really need is kisses and I love you's I guess I can handle that! The laundry has waited this long...18 more years won't matter, right?

5 comments:

Jeannie said...

I think I need this book!

Erika said...

Oh, that is sweet...thank you for sharing it. We do need to remember what they need.

crazy said...

Great share, Candi.. I think I am going to hunt that book down. tammi

Tara said...

Wow, I needed those quotes. I was just staring at my messy house and felt like such a loser. That for a little inspiration for the day :D

wackywilsons said...

I need a copy of that book TODAY. I totally feel the same way...three kids...yikes...it gets rough! Especially when the hubby is gone all the time...

I feel inspired though! More hugs and kisses, less nagging.