Feb 9, 2009

Still in Love...

after all these years! Today is our 8th wedding anniversary. Cody and I dated for over 5 years before we got married. So, we've actually been together for about 13 years. It is amazing to be married to someone you love so much. And someone who you know will love you no matter what! It feels like we were kids when we met (well, I guess we were!!) We've always had a lot of fun together, and known that we have alot in common. But, I don't think you realize how much time changes. We've had new jobs, new houses, deaths in both our families, babies, and all kinds of other things. We've seen eachother at our best and our worst. We've had some really exciting times, and some that weren't so easy. But through it all we've been together. Life is interesting and amazing. I'm so glad to be going through it with someone who loves me no matter how many extra pounds I'm packing around, how messy our house is, and with all of my imperfections. He is a great dad, he loves nothing more than being with his children. They look forward to him coming home so much because they know he will go play with them. They have so many silly games they play, it makes them so happy. We've done lots of fun things together, and now most of those things just involved the little ones we have together. I feel really blessed!


Here are some fun pictures of our journey. Some of the old ones are pre-digital so they are pictures of pictures.

This is at his brother's wedding in 2005. I was 5 1/2 months pregnant with Liam.


Our little family right after Liam was born.




Cody and his motor squad when Avery was born. Yes, they are all in my hospital room.


In Alaska summer 2003


Hawaiian Cruise in June 2006






Temple lights with baby Avery. Christmas 2003



Diving in Hawaii 2006 (I know the wetsuit is super flattering!)




The week before Avery was born


a candid shot of our wedding day


Going into the Temple to do our endowments. We were so excited and so nervous all at the same time. It was cool to do it together.


Opening wedding gifts. Apparantly he was really excited about that crystal bowl!




This was just minutes after we got engaged. We set the camera on a rock withthe timer on.



my sister's wedding in 2000, skinny cody was running his butt off in the academy.


Summer of 96 or 97? first time I went to Alaska with his family



Holy cow we look like babies!! Cody's birthday in March of 96.




It has been a wonderful 8 years of marraige, I can only imagine what the next 8 will bring. (It won't be three more babies, I'll tell you that!!)
I love you Cody, couldn't have picked better!




4 comments:

Jaime and Brent said...

Congrats you guys! Happy Anniversary. Awesome post. Love to see all the old...I mean earlier pics.

Brent

Anonymous said...

What a sweet wife, congrats on 8 years I pray for 88 more perfect years

Tara said...

Congratulations! It's amazing how time flies. Seems like we were all teenagers just yesterday :)

amyk said...

What an awesome post! Congratulations!!! You have a very beautiful/handsome family!