Sep 4, 2008

Will life ever slow down?

WARNING: If you don't want to hear me whine about my crazy, messy life, skip reading this post all together! Because that is all it is... me whining and complaining!

I keep thinking at some point our lives have to slow down and get more normal, but I'm beginning to realize what a joke that is!! We went to Flagstaff over the weekend for Cody's cousins wedding. It was nice to get out of the heat. But, it was a crazy busy weekend. I was helping my mother in law do all the flowers and decorations for the wedding. This crazy bride had NINE bridesmaids! Who does that? She had family, high school and college friends. Cute girls, but tons of them! And we were doing fresh flowers. So, that meant 10 bouquets, 12 corsages, 19 boutineers, and about 50 centerpieces or other arraingements. Needless to say, there wasn't much relaxing going on for us! The kids had a blast playing in the forest and dancing at the wedding. I'll post pictures sometime soon!

Anyway, we got home Monday evening dumped all of our stuff in the living room and got the kids ready for bed. There started the week. Cody was back to work Tuesday, and so was I. So, I dropped Avery off at school Tuesday morning and headed to grandmas for work. We were there with her all day Tuesday. In between I had an OB appointment and had to drag my 79 year old grandma to pick Avery up at school. It was also Avery's first soccer practice on Tuesday. Luckily Cody was in a class that was near his grandma's and he picked Avery up to take her to soccer. She had lots of fun, i'm sure it's going to be very entertaining to watch those games. I pray for the coaches and their patience. I was also staying the night at grandmas, so Cody brought Avery back to me and I put her to bed there, said goodbye to my husband so he could come home to sleep and go to work.

Wednesday morning I got Avery ready for school at grandma's, dropped her off. Came home, got Liam ready for preschool, dropped him off a half hour later. Then I came home, did something to make myself somewhat presentable, and went visiting teaching. Then, went to pick Liam up from preschool. He and I drove back down to goodyear to meet Cody for lunch. That was fun, because we NEVER do that. He is in some class this week so he actually takes a regular lunch. We had a good visit with him and some of his work friends. Came home, gave Liam a nap and tried to do some laundry. Put sleeping Liam in the car to pick Avery up from school. Came home, helped miss Avery with her homework. Cleaned up a pee mess that mr. Liam left all over my barstool (potty training, not so fun with this one!) Got the kids some dinner. Got the inevitible call from lovely husband saying he had to go back out to work after his class was over so he wouldn't be home in time to watch kids so I could go to young womens by myself. So, packed kids pj's, school clothes, stuff to play with at the church, and headed to YW. Cody did end up getting back to this side of town in time to come to the church and see the kids for a minute. Then, we headed to grandma's for another sleep over. So, after dropping Avery off at school this morning. I finally have a day at home with no running around to do. My house is an absolute disaster after being gone, and running around so much. So, I have lots to do today. I'm actually going to make dinner and try to have some kind of normal night with my family....if my husband gets to come home tonight. It's always questionable!! If I get my stuff done today, then I'll be a much happier person. Then I'll do a cute, happy post!


I know everyone is busy, and has crappy weeks, and I should just get up, get my house cleaned and get over it! It's life...my crazy, messy, life!! Hope everyones week is as crazy as mine!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laundry after vacation is the worst!!It seems like you have to wash everything even though it wasn't worn because it gets wrinkly and smells like a hotel room. You need a full time driver and nanny, i guess i should be enjoying that Wyatt's only agenda is diapers and milk!!!

A Farmer's Wife said...

Candi...it's sooooo good to know you are human! I think you are amazingly awesome!!! I don't know anyone who could handle all that you do...and you do it with such ease!!! I love and admire you! So does your darling family!!! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Your awesome Candi

Pam said...

you ARE awesome, Candi!

Angie Blair said...

Oh I love you!!! I sat here reading your post and thought.. You know life is busy no matter who you are how organized you are or how many kids you have. Take a deep breathe and kiss your kids (Squeeze their cheeks for me) they grow up way to fast and you want to remember every minute of it.