Aug 26, 2008

boring, busy, week...

Not too much going on with us this week...

Cody and I did get a chance to go on a fun date this weekend which is rare for us. We went out to dinner with some friends for a birthday. It's fun to just hang out and laugh. It seems like between work and life, we don't do that nearly enough. Cody is busy at work as usual, but has actually been getting home at a somewhat decent time lately. He really does like his job right now, so that makes it easier.

Avery is still adjusting to school. She does great while she's there, but she's still not used to getting up early. She was telling me this morning that she just needs to stay in bed a little longer. I was trying to explain to her that the only way to get more sleep is to go to bed earlier at night, because school starts at the same time every morning. I'm afraid it went right over her head... She loves school and really loves her teacher. The school PTO had a fundraiser at a pizza place last night and she was SOOOOO excited to see her teacher out at a restaurant and get to talk to her. Mrs. Connelly really is sweet to her. Avery has a new vocabulary since starting school, and I think most of it comes directly from her teacher. It's funny.

Liam is also having a blast at his school. He loves "Ms Candace" and really would like to go everyday. His days are long without his sissy to keep him company. He keeps me busy though. Mostly just laughing at the funny things he does and the goofy things he says. The other night he was sitting by Cody on the couch and out of nowhere he says "mom, I want some toast!" Well, it was like 9pm and I didn't want to make toast, so I got him some bread. He took it and studied it and said "is this toast?" I said no, it's bread. He just kind of smirked and said "Oh, it's bread...I get it!" He totally said it with attitude, and was kind of laughing at me. Cody and I just looked at each other and cracked up. I don't know where he comes up with this stuff.

I am just trying to get the hang of new bed times, making lunches, trying to find family time in our crazy schedule. Our little girl is having a major growth spurt. I feel like I'm getting huge, and I really must be because my ever tactful father informed me the other day that "you really are looking fat"...thanks dad, I hadn't noticed!!! Hope everyone has a good week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not fat...BEAUTIFUL

Erika said...

Good luck with getting used to school...it's a change, eh?! And hurray for dates! Liam is a crackup, I love this age for crazy comments!

The Johnson's said...

girl, you're not fat. Even though dad blamed that comment on me! I think you're beautiful and you're an awesome mom! You and Cody are not the only ones that Liam cracks up. I can't handle him. He says crazy stuff! And it's not always just the things he says, it's the way he says them. I love him.

The AZ Gearharts said...

You look great. And just think this is coming from me... who got asked at church from someone if I felt like a boat.....