Aug 5, 2008

Johnson Family Reunion 2008

Over the 24th of July we headed up to Utah for a family reunion. It was my Mom's family, which is quite large. There are 7 kids in her family. If my math is right my grandma has 40 grandkids, and now that all of us are having our families there are lots more than 40 great grandchildren. There were lots of my cousins that I hadn't seen in years, and some of their kids I've never seen. It was so fun to get together and camp and catch up on everyones lives and kids. The kids were so cute, they didn't even care that they didn't know eachother. If we told them they were cousins it was good enough and they were best friends. They had so much fun! It's amazing that all of this came from my sweet grandparents, and my grandma never forgets a birthday!!

Liam spent half his time trying to navigate this log..






A bunch of my cousins, and siblings took a beautiful quad ride through the mountains to this pretty overlook. You could see half the state of Utah from this spot. Thanks to my cousin Ted for letting the prego ride the cadillac of quads. It was like driving a couch through the mountains!
Avery, Kaylen, and Kendi thought they discovered Indian ruins. Or if Kendi is telling the story "did you know that the aliens lived here a long time ago?"


My Aunt Denise and her sweet granddaughter Tatum...so cute.

Liam told Cody he wanted to build a "spiderman clubhouse". So, the boys started building...and they didn't stop!

It was practically waterproof when they were done! Liam was so excited. They played in it the rest of the weekend.


I was trying to get a candid shot of the kids playing a game, but there are no candids with this girl!
It was a really fun trip. Even the drive up wasn't bad (thats the part I usually hate!) Can't wait to do it again next year!

1 comment:

A Farmer's Wife said...

Candi - you guys are the CUTEST!!! I love that you got to go to your reunion...it looks like so much fun! Avery and Liam are ADORABLE!!! I hated missing Sunday with everyone! The only consolation I had is that D.Ray came here with his family! I loved getting to see them!!! I miss you guys so much!!! We will be home for Thanksgiving and I can't wait to see everyone!!! Thanks for blogging so I can see y'all!!! Love you!!!