May 2, 2009

long time, no post

It's been a while since I've posted anything. There are many reasons for this. One is I am lazy and haven't done anything with my pictures. So, a short post with no pictures for now. We've had lots going on since Easter. My dear Aunt Denise in Utah passed away. She has had ovarian cancer for about 2 1/2 years. She is now peacefully in a better place. But we miss her terribly. We went to Hanksville, Utah for the funeral. Her oldest daughter is my age and one of my closest friends. I ache for her that her mom won't get to see her kids grow up. It makes me very sad. It was a really good, uplifting funeral. One of the best things she did for her kids was write things down. In the past year as she was going through treatment and taking all kinds of drugs, she kept a notebook of her thoughts, and hopes, and dreams. They read some of them at the funeral. It made me realize how important it is to write things down. We were able to spend some really quality time with family that we don't get to see that often. So, that was nice.

While we were there, Avery turned SIX!! She's been waiting and waiting for her birthday. We obviously didn't plan on being there. But, we had a fun little celebration and cupcakes with LOTS of cousins she never gets to see. It was fun for her to be the center of attention. When we got back, we had another celebration with Cody's family. Then, after school Monday I took her and some friends to a fancy teahouse for a fun little party. It was very fancy and grown up. But they acted like fancy grown ups so it was good. I have lots of pictures but not on my camera, so I'll post pictures of all three celebrations soon!

I also, just got back from Vegas. Cody's mom and I took his Grandma. She's been sick for a while, but really wanted to go. So, we loaded her wheelchair and Emrie's stroller and off we went. I'll just say that Vegas isn't really the place for a wheelchair OR a stroller...

2 comments:

A Farmer's Wife said...

Can't wait to see all of the pictures! So sorry to hear about your aunt! But so glad you were able to spend time with family...that is the most important thing of all! Love & miss you!

Janelle said...

I can't believe Avery is 6! It seems like just yesterday I was meeting her and you guys when she was a chubby 6 month old!