Apr 15, 2009

More Easter Fun....

Easter is such a special time. We've been talking to the kids about what it really means. Somehow, when I'm teaching them things it makes me think about it even more. Something about simplifying things so they can understand, makes them mean even more to me. Avery's simple answer is that Jesus was resurrected so that we could be resurrected someday and live with him again...that pretty much says it all. I'm so thankful for my Savior, and I'm thankful to be a mom and that I'm able to teach my kids the things that are important to me.

Here is some more of our Easter Weekend. It was a fun, but pretty busy weekend. We had lunch and an egg hunt at my sisters Saturday afternoon. Then a fun BBQ and egg hunt with lots of ward friends on Saturday evening (thanks AuayFuays!). Church on Sunday, and Sunday dinner at Cody's parent (with another egg hunt of course!) My kids are on candy overload! I've been throwing it away since Sunday, and I'm still finding eggs full of candy all over the house! Here are lots of pictures in no particular order!

Cody's mom found matching outfits for the girls, they were very cute!

my girl is getting too big! (so are her cheeks!)


my two handsom men
dressed up for church ( I know, again with the matching outfits!)




Liams favorite things to find in the eggs were toys, not candy. So, next year NO CANDY!! Dollar store toys all the way!

me and my girls

Liam is full of SILLY lately, I seriously spend half my time laughing at the crazy things he says!
It was a nice weekend with friends and family. My house paid the price becuase we were only home long enough to mess it up. So, now I'm playing catch up as usual. But it was worth it!

7 comments:

Erika said...

Looks like busy fun, love the matching dresses~ And Liam is just like my little ham!

Mandy said...

You guys are party animals! Cute matching outfits for the girls, I can't wait to be able to do that.

Janelle said...

It seems like all our holidays are jammed pack now! but it's worth it to be able to spend time with everyone! Love you guys!

A Farmer's Wife said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend...glad you are feeling better! We ran down to AZ Saturday morning because we woke up to snow and couldn't work here. We raced back Monday to more snow...ugh!!! I wish we would have been there longer and could have seen y'all!!! Your family is SO BEUATIFUL!!! Love & Miss you!

crazy said...

I want to marry Cody's mom. Coolers full of juice and matching easter outfits. What more could you ask for. Great pictures. Tammi

wackywilsons said...

I do love your matching outfits...so bright and fun! I love Avery in hot pink!
Those eggs looked pretty competetive...hopefully Liam beat Cody:)

I am so glad Emrie is sleeping more for you...what an exhausting 5 months it has been.

I really do want to get together sooner than later to catch up!

Kim said...

Your kids are so cute!!! I can see you and Cody in each of them. I can't believe how much Avery has grown. The last time I saw her she was just a baby. But she is just as cute now as she was then. You have done well. Miss you guys.