May 11, 2009

Mothers Day continued...

So...after the sweet, motherly, loving post below (which was all true by the way). My actual Mother's Day was just another crazy day in my life. We woke up to get ready for church, my husband did bring me breakfast in bed (raisin bran) and he actually wrote me the sweetest letter which I will treasure. I got the HUGE mothers day macaroni/foam bead/pictures/tissue paper flower necklace that my children and husband enjoy making so much. It was sweet as always and bigger than ever. We actually had our primary class (12 year olds) make one for their mothers after our short lesson. They loved it. Then it was off to church with whiny, crazy kids, who did not behave very well for the ENTIRE day. After church it was more fits, then two stops around town to see the other great mothers in our lives. Then leaving grandmas at 8pm (more fits) and by the time we got home I was ready for that Mothers Day to END!!!

So, I put my sweet Emrie in bed around 9pm and she decided to give me the BEST MOTHERS DAY GIFT EVER!!! I didn't touch her again until she woke up at 7:45 this morning. It was the first time she really and truly slept through the night! It was a beautiful thing and I really, really hope it wasn't a Mothers Day fluke!


7 comments:

Krazy Kobels said...

Kinda how ours went too! Oh well we will miss this right????

Janelle said...

I hope it wasnt a mother's day fluke either!!! Sorry your day was hectic, that's why my gift to myself was to go MIA..well until 5:30, after that just another day!! I just missed you guys at Nadine's...

Mandy said...

Yeah Emrie! I will cross my fingers for you!

A Farmer's Wife said...

My Mother's Day was a bust! The Young Women decided to put the Priesthood in charge of Primary in our ward. Well...I am 1st Counselor in Primary...SO they asked BEN (of all people) to do sharing time which meant that I had to do it...Sunday morning!!! Then I made all of the dessert for our family get-together that afternoon...all I wanted was a NAP!!! That didn't happen!!!

crazy said...

She is such a thoughtful baby..

Erika said...

How very, very sweet of her. Mother's Day is always kinda like that, eh?!

Sally said...

I love good sleepers :) She looks just like Avery!