Dec 9, 2009

Count Down

I've come to the conclusion that the count down to Christmas has begun. Whether or not I choose to admit it, or am ready for it. I know this sounds awful! I really do love Christmas. I love that it's getting cold. I love reading stories to my kids. I love hot chocolate. I love teaching them what is really important and what Christmas really means. What I don't love is all the work that leads up to it. Taking everything out of the garage, putting all my other stuff away to make room for it. And I absolutely dread putting it all away when it's over. But, it really doesn't seem like Christmas until we get it out. Cody stayed home from work today. We've both been fighting colds, so he slept in which he needed. But then, we actually decided what we are buying and got some shopping done. Then, he got the tree down and we got it all done!! I am happy. It was a nice night with the kids. I forget how much they truly love it! They remember which ornaments are theirs, and where they came from. They are sweet...sometimes! Now, I feel like I can get excited and ready! Hope you are all getting excited too!

2 comments:

Erika said...

I love that Countdown Calendar...I have a problem with collecting advent calendars.

And yes, the countdown has begun and I am hoping I get it all done. It's crazy cuz when I was a kid, I couldn't wait for the big day, but as a parent, I keep hoping their is enough time! Funny.

The tree looks great!

The Gearharts said...

Whew! I think I am finally done shopping and now I am excited! Well all except the long car drive to CO.