Oct 24, 2009

MR. MOM


Candi has been gone a few days, she went on a cruise with some of her friends from high school and I have been home with the kids. We have had a lot of fun but it has also been a lot of work. It takes Candi leaving for me to fully appreciate all she does. I can truly say she works much harder than I do at work. We have been busy going to soccer practice, parent teacher conference, soccer game, pre school and spending time with family.
About all I can manage is to keep the kids alive, fed, and in clean diapers. The house was a wreck until my Mom came over last night and cleaned...She is the best. I haven't done dishes or laundry, but don't worry ladies I will get it done before Candi returns.

Let me tell you about the preparation Candi did to go on this four day trip.

She left me a whole itinerary:

Example:
Thursday
8am Nicki will pickup Avery for school
930-1200 Liam Preschool
1215 School Out (early release) Melissa will drop Avery off
530 Soccer Practice
Homework- Small book to read, study spelling words, reading log read and sign, sign homework log.
*pack Avery a snack for school

Friday
8am Nicki will pickup Avery
1215 Melissa Drop off Avery at home
145 Parent Teacher Conference
Call my mom she will watch them if you want to go to the football game.
There were instructions like that for every day..

She also left lots of numbers of friend from the ward that I could call if I was having a crisis.
One I thought was funny was "if Liam is driving you nuts, call Noah"
All Joking aside: How lucky are we to have such good friends close by that can help, There are always people picking up and dropping off kids, letting kids stay and play and have sleep overs. Its great..Thank You everybody.
Candi also left instructions on how to care for Emrie..What to feed her, when to put her down for a nap..I asked for these instructions because I had not a clue..I just get up go to work before anyone is up and get home in the evening.

The best thing Candi did was she made a little love note for each kid for each day so they could still have Mommy tell them she loves them. They were so excited to open them each day. Candi also left little presents for them to open if they got especially sad. What a great Mom.

Some Pics of Daddy Time. Carving Pumpkins at Uncle Cy's.


Emrie Helping Dad with the Knife!




Emrie's View of the Whole Mess.



My Obama Lantern. To me nothing is scarier than this guy running the country.





The Whole crew and our pumpkins...Having fun but Missing Mommy.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes your wife is a busy busy women but she is also a very blessed lady to have you by her side!!!

Candi said...

I agree, I am pretty lucky!

Erika said...

That was a great post! I loved it. I loved the part about how hard your wife works and that you see it, even if it is after she left. I love all the little details that Candi did, like notes, itinerary and treats for the kiddos. I love the Obama pumpkin, I will definitely show Landon. And I love that you took pics whilst Candi was away. Kudos!