Mar 3, 2010

school projects etc...

Avery had her first school project a while back. I seriously don't remember researching or writing anything in the first grade. They had to study and research an animal. She (with daddy's help) chose a horeshoe crab. I knew nothing, but we did it together. She made a cute book, and did all the writing herself. They had an afternoon at school where they all displayed their projects and got to answer questions about their animals. That was her favorite part. She stood and talked and answered questions and loved every minute of it. She learned alot and did a great job!


Liam just likes being at the school with her.


This past weekend, my girlfriend got a condo up in Heber. The kids and I ran away with her for a few days. It was a nice little break. The kids had fun playing in the little bit of snow that was there, and I had fun relaxing and hanging out with friends.






Avery is my new babysitter. Em was tired and I wasn't around, so she cuddled up to her big sister. Avery loved rocking her.





4 comments:

wackywilsons said...

I can't believe Avery wrote a book already! That will be a keeper for sure, so cute that she did it with daddy.

Em is adorable in blue:)

Erika said...

I love Liam's smile in that pic with Avery. Ha! And glad you had some fun in the snow. Looks like a blast.

crazy said...

I loved that book. You better watch your back because Emory is realling making me love her and I might steal her. She is a doll. Autumn has some big plans for Avery and her over break.. Tammi

The Gearharts said...

See what a good mom you are you take your kids to play in the snow, build snowman and you actually do your research project with your 1st grader, unlike me who completely forgot and didn't do it. I stink...you win!