Nov 3, 2009

Girls Cruise 2009

We had a great time on our girls cruise this year. It was a bunch of crazy ladies, some I knew, some not. It didn't really matter, we were all on a mommy break and it was a blast! We sailed on a Carnival boat from San Diego, to Catalina Island, to Ensanada and back. The cruise was a people watchers paradise! I think someone forgot to tell us that it was a 50+ lesbian cruise! I have never seen so many groups of scary lesbians in my life!
It was crazy! There was tons of food, and my favorite thing was the self serve chocolate soft serve ice cream 24hrs a day. Dangerous!!
These were my "roomies"
My friend Angie who I have known for 20 years. She left her 8 children behind with her brave husband. And my sister in law Janelle. We did lots of late night laughing, talking, and reading. Good thing we could sleep in as long as we wanted!
One of the most entertaining things on the ship was the nightly Karaoke. Drunk people are pretty funny!

Each night our cabin steward made a little animal from our towels. This was the night before we docked in Ensanada Mexico. We decided this was a little piggie warning us that we'd probably pick up a little "swine flu" in Mexico!


So, this was as far into Mexico that we went. They set up a little shopping center/swap meet kind of thing right at the dock. So, we went to Mexico for about an hour!




Some of the silly ladies we were with dressed up for the Halloween party on deck. My favorite was Hannah Montana with her pleather leggings!








This is what we did most of the time!! Sometimes we put bathing suits on but, it was cold this day! Being lazy at it's finest.





This is the boat docked at Catalina Island. It was actually really pretty. It was my first time there, and there was more to see than I imagined. We rented golf carts and toured the island. It was a beautiful day.





This is me, Kierra and Tracee. Kierra lives in Mesa. We hung out with Tracee in high school, but she lives in Minnesota now. I re-connected with her on facebook and she was brave enough to come join us. It was so much fun to catch up with her. She is exactly the same as she was then!
We had a fabulous time, it was fun and relaxing. Now, it's back to the real world!!


2 comments:

Erika said...

How fun!! Looks like a blast!! And fun to reconnect with old buddies!

The Gearharts said...

Candie, you look great in every single photo. You are super photogenic, how come I never notice this about you? That looks like so much fun and very relaxing. I am a wee bit jealous.