Jan 6, 2009

Merry Christmas...Happy New Year

I can't believe Christmas is here and gone already. I've been in somewhat of a fog lately. Still trying to adjust to three kids I guess. I hope everyone had wonderful holidays. Ours was great. It was filled with fun, family and good friends. Lots of food too, of course. We have so much to be grateful for this holiday season. I'm so thankful for three beautiful, healthy kids. For a husband who works so hard to take care of us. I complain that he works so much, but then I remember all the husbands who aren't working right now. He loves to be home with his babies. I'm so thankful for parents and everyone who helps us all the time. Mostly, I'm thankful for my Savior and for his life and example. I try to teach my children about him and about the real meaning of this season!

So, I know it has been a crazy amount of time since I posted any pictures, or anything substantial for that matter. You see this cute little angel? Well, let me tell you about her. She refuses to sleep at night. I don't exactly know what to call it, but she cries from about 10pm to 2am on most nights. And I am no good with no sleep. So, if you run into me and I don't remember your name (or my own for that matter) just know that this is the reason. She is very cute and I love her dearly, but she isn't easy! Everyone told me that number three would throw me over the edge. That is where I am living right now...on the edge. On the edge of sleep, on the edge of insanity, o n the edge of buying new clothes because no matter what I do, I can't keep up on laundry. On the edge of alot of things. It is getting a little better, and I'm sure it will continue to get better as she gets a little older. She is very fun most of the time, she is starting to talk and smile lots. She gets her first shots tomorrow. I can't believe she's already two months old. Her older brother and sister continue to be wonderful, they love her and take care of her. We had lots of fun on Emrie's first Christmas!

Here is our Holidays in a nutshell. It's lots of pictures...forgive me.

Sweet Emrie in her pretty church dress. Avery loves this because she wore this same dress to my brothers wedding when she was about two weeks old.

Liam with his favorite Christmas gift. He calls it his "bow and arrow poom-poom". I have no idea why he calls guns that, but it't cute. He's quite dangerous with this thing. Those darts are not soft. He's going to poke an eye out, or a hole in my wall any day now!


Avery is eyeing what she knows will be one of her favorites!!





Emrie's first meeting with the big guy. She wasn't sure about all that hair...it's a little like daddy!



Avery loves talking to Santa, she has lots of questions for him!




Liam is looking at him like he's not quite sure if he's telling the truth or not...





My sister in law Janelle gave me a few really cute Christmas outfits for Em. This was one of my favorites.





This is the best I could get of the three of them, Liam isn't so much help when it comes to posing for pictures. He's cute though.




Avery and her cousin Kaylen at my moms Christmas Eve.







My youngest brother LaRen and sleeping Emrie.





A few of the cousins on the grass at my parents Christmas Eve. There are 19 grandchildren, so this is just a few! You can imagine the quiet, intimate, get togethers we have right? My husband loves it!








Beautiful night at the Temple lights. Emrie was strapped in the Bjorn, so all you can see is the back of her head and her lovely old man hairline.



Here is proof that they do love eachother! I may need this someday.





cool picture Cody got of the Temple








nothing like a little daddy time

Avery's Kindergarten got a visit from Santa and he came on a fire truck. They were very excited. Avery's friend Autumn gave her some Christmas jammies, so our three A's were matching that day. They are pretty cute (and they know it!)





Avery's Kindergarten program at school...a little chaotic, but quite funny!






Cheesy kids!
Well, there is my update. We'll see when I get around to another one. We are blessing Emrie on Sunday, so it won't be too long!

9 comments:

Erika said...

Great pictures of Christmas! Loved that Temple pic, way to go Cody! And hey, I love it here on the edge...glad you could join me! I'm glad Liam got his bow and arrow!!

Sally said...

Kyle didn't sleep through the night until he was 3. Enjoy the insanity :) Great Christmas pics...

Janelle said...

cute pics, i can't believe she is two months already! We need to get together more, it's hard when we live so far away!

A Farmer's Wife said...

FABULOUS pictures and update!!! Thank you!!! Wish we could be there Sunday! Can't wait to see the pictures and read all about it!!! Love & Miss you!

Jaime and Brent said...

Hey Carmichaels,

It was great running into you at the Temple. It's been too long. We need to get together and catch up.

B:

aliciamae100 said...

Emrie's little red Christmas outfit is soo cute.... but not as cute as she is!
And I love how Avery's the only one standing still at the kindergarten program - just like primary. :)

Mandy said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! I can't wait for kindergarten programs, so cute! Sorry you aren't getting any sleep, I am trying to get as much sleep as possible these days, gearing up for what is to come:)

Tara said...

I can't pretend that I feel your pain. Ava has slept through the night pretty much since she was born and is so easy going. Maybe you need to have baby number four to have the easy going baby that sleeps :) Looks like you had a great Christmas. Loved the first picture of Emrie in the white dress. So cute. Well they were all cute but I really like that one :) Also, how in the heck do you guys now Brent and Jaime??? It's such a small world!

Mama Apes... said...

I love the pic of the kids at the bottom!! SO CUTE!!