Jan 20, 2009

In-Laws

So, as most everyone knows because I've been quite vocal in my whining lately...I've had a hard time getting back into the groove after having Emrie. No matter what I do, my laundry is never done, my house is never clean. Well, I went on a little trip this weekend with my cousin and took emrie with me. Cody was home with Avery and Liam. As we drove back into town really late Sunday night, I was wondering how bad my house was going to look. I had worked hard on it the week before. Cody is good at taking care of and playing with the kids, but not getting much else done so I was expecting the worst. Well, I walked in and everything was clean. I was quite surprised, and told him how good it looked. He smiled and gave me a response that was "thats how I roll baby" Then as I'm unloading stuff, I notice that things are too clean. Things were done that he would NEVER think to do. Things were hung up that weren't when I left. The toilet paper dispenser was fixed in a bathroom. It had been broken for over a year. So, it didn't take me too long to realize my sweet husband was not responsible for all of this cleanliness.

Cody's parents spent their ENTIRE sunday at my house cleaning, mending, fixing, and more cleaning. I couldn't believe how good things looked. She even took laundry home to finish. At first I was mortified that they had been here in the filth, and that she was doing my laundry. But, she did it just to be helpful. Not to make me feel like I can't do it, or that I'm not doing good enough. But, just because she's been in my shoes and remembers how hard it is. I am so lucky to have such wonderful in laws. They are so much fun. They are our favorite vacation partners. And, they are so helpful too. So, for all of you with horrible mother in laws I say " so sad for you, mine is the best!!" Thanks guys, I love you.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I disagree with you 100% I know I have the best in laws aound ;) anyways that is so sweet of them to do i bet it makes you sleep a lil better knowing a little less is on your long list of things! Love ya lots

Tara said...

Awesome! Man my in laws suck!!! I'm just joking. I have great in laws, too. I think it's so funny you knew it wasn't Cody that cleaned when you started noticing how detailed it was done :) I also love how he was totally going to take all the credit. You're a lucky gal :)

The Lichlyter's said...

Cody and Kyle definitely came from the same mold. That story had me cracking up. I have been there and Kyle has done the very same thing. Sounds like amazing people to come and do that for you.

Erika said...

I am so glad they helped you out! That's such a relief, I am sure...to have it all sparkling!

crazy said...

I am sending my laundry to them. You are a lucky chic. I am glad you got to go on the trip. Take care, Tammi A

A Farmer's Wife said...

Can someone PLEASE send Aunt Jane to my house??? Love & miss you!

Jane said...

Thanks Candi! Boy can I remember the days when I thought I would never see the bottom of the laundry pile! And it is the WORST to come home to a home after being gone on a trip and have to face #&^*%#@! - Especially when Dad has babysat!But I do have to give him credit the kitchen was in good shape. Always remember - We are all really quite the same...we Mothers and wives...some days are diamonds, some days are coal, some days we can jump out of bed and are ready to face the world, others we want to pull the covers over our heads! But, most of all, we all just need a friend that remembers how it feels to be a woman, that could use a hand up once in a while, or a shoulder to cry on, or a invitation to the movies...anything to make up feel that we are "still alive." Ya know I love ya, always have, always will. J

hendywow said...

Well you know that I will totally agree with you! Jane is a super-human, Amazing girl! I love her too, you are very blessed.

Sally said...

Having great inlaws is a blessing isn't it?? Let's do lunch...