Jan 16, 2010

What we've been up to.........

Christmas is all put away, kids are back to school. Cody is back to work full force. We had a nice break, but now it's back to real life!! My sweet mother in law has been working on giving Avery's bedroom a whole new look. This is a pillow she found that shows you the theme.....

Very fitting for our girl. The color scheme as you can see is pink, pink, white, and a little black. It's not quite finished, and it was lots of work. Jane repainted and repaired a cute wicker bedroom set that was in the play room at grandma's house. It's a day bed so she'll have lots more room. Jane is all about details... this cute lamp was plain pink til she got hold of it.

We painted subtle stripes of pink on pink...pain in the you know what, but turned out cute


bed isn't quite finished but here she is on her new bedding on the mattresses... she looks like a happy princess!



My sister and I let the girls ditch school yesterday and took them to Disney on Ice. We had a great time. The kids were so excited. My sister in law was nice enough to take ms. Em for the day. She would have been an absolute nightmare there. No room to run around...wouldn't have worked for her. It was fun to spend some time with the older kids alone.

Avery with her twelve dollar icee!!

I tried to get them to look at me for a picture, but they were much too interested in what was on the ice!





and lastly, a picture of my messy miss Em who insists on feeding herself...what a joy!



5 comments:

The Gearharts said...

You know I love the owls, Love Averys bedding and new room, and tha 12 dollar icee looks like it is every bit worth it...cough cough. Oh Rain is into feeding himself too, haven't ventured to applesauce yet, just oatmeal, mashed potatoes, thicker stuff. :)

Tara said...

I LOVE the demask print on her bedding! So cute! I also totally feel your pain with the baby wanting to feed herself. It makes me crazy. I try to be patient and let her do it but sometimes....AAAAAAGH. It's a good thing they are so dang cute :)

Erika said...

Love the room, it turned out super cute. Love that pic of Em too, totally priceless!

Mandy said...

I can't wait to see pics of the new room! Love the bedding! Love the last pic of Ms. Em, priceless!

crazy said...

Love Em's picture.. WHat a doll. The room is fabulous. What a great idea to skip school for so much fun.. Tammi