Jun 22, 2009

Utah Trip

Last week was a busy one. Cody went with the scouts from our church on a 50 mile hike. They left early Monday morning. So, the kids and I were on our own all week. We spent some time at Grandmas, went to the Library and tried to find other things to do to keep ourselves busy. It was hard with him away. He was out of reach too. We're not used to not being able to talk to him. It also happened to be the weekend for my family reunion in Utah. We go to Moab every year to see my Dad's family. We decided to go without him. My brother LaRen and his wife Brittney rode with us. They were a big help with my kids. LaRen drove the entire way so I could sit in the back and take care of the kids. They actually did really good on the drive. I hooked Emrie up with her very own dvd player that she could see from her seat, it seemed to help alot. It was a fun trip. We got to catch up with lots of aunts, uncles and cousins. The weather was lovely. Here are bunches of pictures of our adventures.

sister in law Britney, sister Kenra and myself

We went up to a "ranch" where my dad grew up, they call it Brown's Hole (no clue why) we explored and played and got bitten by millions of gnats!!

we found this cool old tree, this is Kenra and her cute family



the kids tempting fate at the pond. miracle that nobody fell in. it was dirty and COLD


the walk to the pond. this is how you do it with no daddy around. Liams shirt is filled with rocks to throw in the water






LaRen and Brittney







3 comments:

The Gearharts said...

Looks like fun. Love all the cousins on the log and I love all of the fun tree shots.

Erika said...

The tree shots with the sun flare are very cool! And great idea about the DVD player for Emrie!

wackywilsons said...

Such cute shots! I think it's great how you get out and about with your family so much...I am sure your kids love it!