Nov 6, 2008

And Then There were Three


Emrie Jane Carmichael was born on November 5th at 250 in the afternoon. She was 7lb110z and 19" long. Everybody is well and if this Blog sounds different its because I (Cody) am writing it and I'm no blogger, well guess I am now. Emrie is so chubby, she was born with these huge cheeks and is sooo hungry. I have always told Candi I want another baby like Avery was, you know roll on top of roll and just as chubby as can be. So feed that girl honey!!!


This is the Chubby I want....This is Avery...I just love my babies like this. This is a whole new baby chubby. You can loose all kinds of stuff in that kind of chubby. Giving them a bath is like moving a couch cushion, you can find spare change, cheerios, goldfish crackers, fruit snacks...Its awesome. Then there is the tan lines. The cracks between rolls don't get any sun so you can straighten out their legs and they are all tiger striped.


SORRY, I got lost in Chubby talk....Back to the birth.


The birth went well. "I didn't feel a thing", unfortunately Candi's epidural wasn't very good so she felt quite a bit. I think watching your child be born is one of the most spiritual experiences you can have, I am amazed every time. I am so thankful for a healthy and beautiful baby and wife. How lucky am I???I mean look at me I look like a Grateful Dead Roadie or something, and I have been blessed with such a great family.


Liam and his baby sister....He loves her, but has been sure to let us all know he would have rather had a baby boy and wants to name him Tyler. (don't ask me.Tyler??.the kid is random)




"FEED ME MAMA" I got about 18 rolls of loose skin I gotta fill up.



The picture on top was about 5 minutes after giving birth, I think Candi looks great. She seems to be glowing...It looks like I am that guy behind the news anchor lady that is just trying to get on tv...haha.

On the bottom is my lovely clan. Avery cant get enough baby time and is so proud.We will post more soon.






18 comments:

Jd & Katie said...

That is awesome Cody you make me laugh! I am glad everything went well she is beautiful. CONGRATS!!!

Jaime and Brent said...

Congrats..Congrats...
Glad everything went well. Your right Cody, three is where things can start to drive you insane. It's no longer "I'll take this one and you take that one." Now if there are 3 screamers in the bunch, one of you just has to drag a couple of them.:) And if one of you has to go somewhere with all three... you soon learn to try to avoid those situations in the future. The family looks great. Love the undercover look...I wish my job required that I look like...well you know... I try to take that look on as much as I can anyhow as it is. Congrats again.

Fawn Harris said...

Congrates, She is adorable just like the other two, And Candy you look amazing as always,

Krazy Kobels said...

congrats, and way to go on the first post Cody!!! I can't wait to see her. She weighed the exact same as Whitney.

A Farmer's Wife said...

FABULOUS post, Cody!!! Candi - AWESOME job!!! Emrie is SO BEAUTIFUL and I love her name!!! Both of her names!!! I'll bet Aunt Jane is loving her middle name!!! I hope Emrie is exactly like Miss Avery because she is SO CUTE!!! Liam looks adorable holding her too!!! Love you guys!!!

Tara said...

Cody You are quite funny! You should consider contributing to the blogging world more often :) Candi looks WAY too cute for just having a baby. I looked like a truck ran me over in my post labor pics! Your baby is ADORABLE!!! Congratulations!!! Having three is when I realized I didn't have control of my life anymore :) Good luck!

Oh and P.S.
I hope you've put a therapy fund together for Avery when she gets old enough to realize you put a naked, rolly, butt picture of her on your blog. She's gonna LOVE you for that one day :)

Rae Lynn said...

Congratulations to your growing family!

The Gearharts said...

Congratulations she is so ADORABLE! I asked Ainsley if Avery likes her new sister and she said "Yes, Avery said her cheeks go up to her eyes." So cute. Can't wait to see her, and Candie you do look GREAT in those pictures! Hope you're feeling just as great too!

The Maughans said...

Congratulations and I LOVE the name!

Pam said...

Yeah! She's here, lets go to the dunes...j/k
She's sweet! You both are awesome parents. Congrats!

The Thompson's said...

Comgratulations on a beautiful baby girl. You do look great in the picture right after the birth. Way to go! Hope things are well. If you need anything please let me know.

Bailee Blair said...

OH MY GOSH SHE IS SO CUTE!!!!!!
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!

Ashley said...

so cute! she is beautiful! & Candi looks amazing especially after just giving birth! your little family is adorable!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations..we are happy all went well! Have lot's of fun-
Take Care!
from all the vandykes

amyk said...

Congratulations! Emrie is beautiful! And Candi, seriously, after just giving birth you should at least look a little tired, but nope...you look beautiful!=) You really do have a very beautiful/handsome family. You have all been very blessed!
Amy

crazy said...

I just read Jolenes comment and Autumn said the same thing. She is a doll. Congratulations. Tammi

Erika said...

So sweet...You do look great Candi...and loved Cody's post...it got me giggling!!!!

aliciamae100 said...

She couldn't be cuter and I love her name!