Nov 7, 2010

Halloween festivities...

Halloween was a whirlwind of activities this year. Our ward Trunk-or-Treat was the weekend before, so we dressed up then. The Friday before was the school Fall Reading Festival, the kids dressed up then too. Then we went Trick-or-Treating on Saturday, and skipped it on Sunday.

pumpkin carving for FHE...

concentration.... 

 Emrie hanging out with dad while the kids carved. I tried to get a good picture of the finished product, but didn't succeed. It was a cute cyclopse jack o lantern...you'll have to take my word for it...

 Avery has wanted to be Annie for Halloween for months! I searched Goodwill forever looking for a good red dress, but never found one. Gammy Jane to the rescue. She made this perfect dress. We curled her hair all tight, and the rest she already has (like the freckles). She was cute and had a great time.

 Emrie was a cute little ladybug, and Liam was the Toy Story alien.

 On Friday, Avery had a "walking field trip" to the firestation. Cody was home to be with Emrie, so I went with her. It was too hot for the end of October, but it was fun. She was excited to have me with her.

my little Halloween fairy at the school festival...

I also went into Liam's classroom for his Halloween Party. It was so cute to see him in his classroom. His teacher is amazing with them. I could NEVER be a kindergarten teacher. Way too much going on all the time. She is perfect for him though.


They made a fruit dip out of pumpkin, maple syrup and alot of other junk. She was trying to convince him to take a tiny taste....he wasn't sure. It only took one sniff for him to know he wouldn't like it!

It was a crazy, busy weekend. We also had final soccer soccer games and little award ceremony on Saturday. Hope everyone had a good Halloween too!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Loved the Annie costume! She really fit the part, freckles and everything. Thanks for coaching with me, it was alot of fun, but I am also glad it's over for another year :)

The Gearharts said...

I LOVE Avery as Annie, what a fantastic idea. Emries hair is getting so long, she looks so cute.